Oh, how I love your instructions! I think about them all day long. Psalm 119:97
- What I focus on gets me. Focus on the negatives/ challenges will always take me down. Focus on the positive/ good things will always give me hope.
- The thoughts I indulge grow stronger. The thoughts I acknowledge and put in their place lose their power to discourage me.
- No mood can resist the right truth at the right time.
3 Ways in which the Bible helps my Mental Health
1. The Bible Connects me with the stories of People like myself.
The Bible is full of stories of people going about their everyday life and encountering God. None of them were perfect, just like me, but their stories are all part of God’s story. From their stories I learn wisdom and find hope.
2. The Bible Connects me with a timeless wisdom
Spouting off before listening to the facts
is both shameful and foolish. Proverbs 18:13
3. The Bible Connects me with something bigger than myself
Spend some time reading the Bible today. It may be a few verses, less is often more. When a verse speaks something into your life do this.
- Write it down on a card small enough that you can keep in a pocket or your wallet/ purse.
- Place it in your pocket or wallet/ purse!
- Read the verse each time you have something to eat or drink. That little verse can be food for your soul.
- Drop me an email or leave a comment below as to how this worked for you.
When your words showed up, I ate them— swallowed them whole. What a feast!What delight I took in being yours, O God, God-of-the-Angel-Armies! Jeremiah 15:16
Questions to consider and leave a comment or send me an email (use form in right hand side bar).
- What challenges do you have to overcome to read the Bible on a consistent basis?
- What scriptures help you with your Mental Health?